MD from an accredited medical school. Completion of an accredited residency in Psychiatry.
- Prior psychiatry inpatient work experience sufficient to effectively carry out the essential job responsibilities.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-residency experience.
- NY MD License and DEA registration required.
- Board Certified in General Psychiatry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrate excellence in providing clinical care and staff leadership in an inpatient setting.
- Provide Psychiatric Patient Care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective.
- Medical Knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, and cognate (e.g. epidemiological and social-behavioral) sciences and the application of this knowledge to psychiatric patient care.
- Practice-Based Learning and Improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of own patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence, and improvements in patient care.
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills that result in effective information exchange and teaming with patients, their families, and other health professionals.
- Professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
- Systems-Based Practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide psychiatric care that is of optimal value.
Position requires prolonged periods of standing, reaching, walking throughout the working day.
Position will be required to stoop, bend, lift, and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center (KJMC).
KJMC is an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, military status, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability or handicap or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.